Friday, May 26, 2006

debian working

I am trying to fix a FTBFS (failed to build from source) non reported bug on snes9express. It is almos finished, but skins are not working yet. I tried to compile it on another machine and it gives me the following error message:

fakeroot debian/rules clean
/usr/bin/fakeroot: debian/rules: /usr/bin/make: bad interpreter: Permission denied

It was hard to find a solution but I the problem was on my /home directory.
I was mounting it on fstab from a volume without exec option. Now everything is working and I can try to fix the bug to upload it later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

With regard to this error:

debian/rules: /usr/bin/make: bad interpreter: Permission denied

I found your page looking for a solution to the same problem, encountered when trying to build qmail. By default, it unpacks to /tmp. My /tmp directory was mounted with a -noexec option... forcing it to unpack somewhere else worked flawlessly. Thanks for posting this.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home